Sonntag, 3. Juli 2016

What is a cash Register ?

Hello. Hallo. Hola.

I had a practice job day at a supermarket. As i was looking for a job this was a way to test if i like thet job and to learn what to do. The first day the stuck me behind the cash register. On the first day I wasn't expecting that.

First of all I stoid behind my mentor and watched. After the first rush was iver she explained the basics and I got to give it a go.

1. Say Hallo
2. That the items and scan the products.
3. If the items don,t habe a barcode type in the unique number
4. Say the total
5. Ask for the payback card
6. Give in the total total that the custimer gives you
7.1. If you get cash. Give back the change while saying how much.
7.2. If you get a card the customer will have to type in their pin or sign.
8. Say bye


Simple steps. Now do it ten rimes fast and under pressure. Living in a village you will come by many people you know. On my first day I had 2 parents, a brothers friend, a neighbor, a teacher, my driving instructor and a friend of a friends. I guess that a given.

However I never knew how many people go shopping between 1 and 5 on a monday. I would assume everyone works then but no. Apparently not.

On that day I riped my jeans on the caser door. Broke the cashier buttons and had one customer who give to little money and "ran" away. She was in a real rush.

I had fun and I got the job in the end as well. Starting tuesday I will be making money. Woo.

Do you have first day stories?

See you next week. Bis nächste Woche. Hasta siguiente semana.
Mind Ramble