Sonntag, 10. Januar 2016

What stories do you have to tell?

Hello, Hallo, Hola.

Working with children can bring some funny stories with it. Doing an Au-pair for 6 months has left me with a dictionary full of stories I could tell. I am going to share some with you below.

My Swing!


Paula my Au-pair child loved the swings. Every time we went to the park she would go on the swings and could stay there all day long. One day we arrived to see one of the two swings was broken. This made things complicated. Paula obviously wasn't the only girl that wanted to go on the swing and as she was running to the swings another boy was doing the same. Paula was 3 years old, the other boy was at least 6-8 years old. The boy go there seconds before Paula did, however that didn't stop paula.
She did a half hiss half shout to scare the boy away and in the end got the swing.

She is very passionate about the swings. ( I knew this wasn't very polite of her but nevertheless was quite funny to watch)

Long way to fall


One day it was raining and Paula and I couldn't go to the park. So that left us at home. Her mother had left for work and we were play with baby dolls and feeding them with toy bottles. I needed to go to the bathroom and left paula playing in my room.
We had set up a rule that she wasn't allowed in my room when my door was closed however in the beginning she didn't understand this rule.
As I was in the bathroom she suddenly started calling my name. I hurried myself up and went out to find her in my bedroom. At this time my Spanish wasn't to good either so as she was trying to explain to me that she had thrown her baby's bottle out of my window and I should go get. I refused her request because 1. I couldn't see where it had fallen meaning it had fallen in the bushes below and 2. We live on the 6th floor of an apartment building.

This situation was totally new me. What do you say to a child that speaks a different language not throw her toys out of the window?


The best day of the year


As a child your birthday is the best thing all year closely followed by Christmas. When it was Paula's birthday she made sure everyone knew and I mean everyone. She greeted me with "It's my birthday today" however it didn't stop there I was talking to the mothers at the bus stop for the school bus and she told me the same story and as we arrived at the grandparents house instead of saying hallo she also greeted them the same way. She was so proud and all of life that day it was quite adorable.

Paula is a sweet girl but really treats my like a sister. Telling on me to her parents and always trying to compete with me. My Au-pair is almost over and I have defiantly experienced a lot.

Have you got stories about children and silly things they do. Why don't you share them with us?

See you next week. Wir sehen uns nächste Woche. Hasta siguiente semana.
Mind Ramble