Sonntag, 6. September 2015

Holi Party

The festival of love. The festival of forgiveness. The festival of colour. Holi party looks like fun and is a lot of fun mess.

Little Info:

The religious festival is mainly celebrated in India and is celebrated at the end of the lunar month-Phalgun (this in February/March). Holi is primarily observed in India, Nepal or countries with large Hindu populations. This festival symbolises the victory of good over evil and should generate harmony in society.

The popular Hindu spring festival became popular in the western world losing a little of it religious meaning in the process. However before I went to my first Holi party I wanted to inform myself about it's meaning and I believe it enrichen my experience.

My experience



My first Holi party was in Spain with friends I had known for 4 weeks. Being a little shy to throw coloured powder at "nearly strangers", I had the feeling it brought us closer. The tickets cost 2 euro however the price my vary depending in what city/country your in. After letting us in there was a stand to buy powder and drinks. Given the choice of numerous colors like neon yellow, purple, blue and many more, you could buy all colours for 15 euros or one colour for 2,50. Having fun throwing the colours around we soon discovered that getting them in your eyes stings like a B**** and everyone politely warned you to close your eyes before throwing the powder in your face. 
You would never see the same person twice with the colours on their bodies constantly changing their rainbow formation. The most fascinating part wasn't the music or the drinks, It was seeing the result of hundreds of people throwing their powder in the air simultaneously. The vertical rainbow stops in the air for a few seconds to then shower down on the crowd.

The Holi party I went to might not have anything to do with the real religious festival, nevertheless it was truly amazing and I hope to once to experience the real thing.






Have any of you been at the Holi party? Leave your experiences below.

See you next week. Bis nächste Woche. Hasta siguiente semana.
Mind Ramble